Okay, so, technically it’s Sunday. Whatever, mom.
- Florence + The Machine – Lungs
My younger sister learned that I listen to this band and pointed out that she liked them before they got popular, thus out-hipstering me. Sucks to suck =(
- Horace Silver – Song for My Father
- Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath
The organic chemistry class I’m taking this summer. Black Sabbath is one of the few bands I can listen to and study organic chemistry at the same time. This is gonna show up a lot for the next eight weeks.
- The Mountain Goats – All Hail West Texas
I love this album I love this album I love this album I love this album
- Black Sabbath – Paranoid
- And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead – Source Tags & Codes
I need to remember that I actually really like this album and should listen to it more often.
- Spoon – Transference
I need to listen to more Spoon, but for some reason I feel like I can’t listen to anything else until I like Transference as much as I like Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. I know that’s not how art works, but it’s how insanity works.
- Two Door Cinema Club – Tourist History (new to me)
- Bon Iver – Bon Iver
- Black Sabbath – Master of Reality
- Queens of the Stone Age – Lullabies to Paralyze
- Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Orgy In Rhythm (new to me)
For whatever reason, Moanin didn’t really sell me on Art Blakey, but Orgy In Rhythm is kind of the shit. Jazz. Drums. It’s pretty great!
- Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Pisces (new to me)
So, yeah, I’ve discovered that jazz is really good study music for me. I’m thrilled by this recent development.
- Bomb the Music Industry! – Album Minus Band
And I could listen to Bomb the Music Industry! while literally doing anything and still get it done and have a pretty good time doing so. My wedding has the potential to be rather uncomfortable for a lot of people.
- Cage the Elephant – Cage the Elephant
- Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – A Night In Tunisia (new to me)
- Sleigh Bells – Reign of Terror
- Steve Burns and the Struggle – Songs for Dustmites
Yeah, you see all this music I listened to this week? For some reason, this is the only album that Last.fm decided to scrobble. You may be able to guess from the fact that this blog post exists how OCD I can be and how much this upsets me.
- Less Than Jake – Pezcore
- Gorillaz – Demon Days
- Lee Morgan – The Sidewinder
- System of a Down – System of a Down
- Talking Heads – Stop Making Sense
I can accept the fact that a lot of people really don’t like some of my favorite bands, like The Mountain Goats or Streetlight Manifesto, but if you don’t like Talking Heads, there is actually no way we can be friends. I’m not sorry at all.